Coordination work package aims to achieve the following objectives:
- to conduct an efficient management process which ensures that the work is carried out in accordance with the Description of Action (DoA);
- to ensure the required quality and time schedules are achieved throughout the entire project duration;
- to facilitate the fulfilment of the partners’ obligations towards the EU from the legal, contractual, financial and administrative perspective to effectively communicate between the consortium and the EU.
Turbine design: application of laboratory and numerical methods to develop propeller type and positive displacement runners and casings that operate efficiently in both pump and turbine modes, allow for rapid mode switching (pump/turbine modes) with low fatigue loading, and result in minimal fish mortality.Full details
A power take off (PTO) powertrain architecture with multidimensional machine-side control will be developed to maximize efficiency and minimize mode switching time of the turbine.Full details
The aim of this work package is to provide measurement results from laboratory experiments of the complete model scale machine set (turbine and PTO). The measurement results will be used for validation of the machine performance/mode switching models (WP2 and WP3), validation of structural models (WP5) and for the assessment of fish behaviour.Full details
For the site identification of potential low-head pumped storages along the coasts of the North and Baltic Seas different objectives are included in the workpage:
- Parametric analyses based on physical geography, electricity demand, proximity to population and industrial centres, existing structures, geological conditions and construction specification
- Robust design of basins and civil structures (resistant against saltwater, weathering, fatigue), service life assessment, civil costs
- Machine related structures adopted to fatigue actions and chemical exposure; decision on the necessity of fish screens in addition to fish friendly pump/turbines as preferred technological option
- Legal, regulatory, and environmental aspects; education and public opinion aspects
- Geographical Information System-TOOL
The first objective of WP6 is to design the grid-side control and to equip it with functions for EU standard-compliant operation. Based on this, a simulation model can be developed which can be used for grid studies.
The second objective of WP6 is to test the capacity of the storage power plant for various flexibility options for the grid. In addition to the technical possibilities, economic evaluations are also carried out.Full details
The objective of this work package is to inform about the project (communication), enable the use of project results (dissemination) and ensure uptake of project results during and beyond the project (exploitation). Specific target groups and activities were identified and described in section 2.2. a and b.Full details